High pscc ???? | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss High pscc ???? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi All,
Can any body advise why i am getting a reading for PSCC L-N of 10KA ??

What are you testing? More details please.

If you refer to the appropriate tables in the regs for your values is there a large discrepancy with your actual test results?

Assuming that you have a voltage of around 245V, that's roughly a Ze of .025 - unusual but not impossible. Whereabouts are you / site?

What instrument are you using?
I ask because I had a Fluke 1652 on long term loan which was fine on L-E PEFC but nearly always gave ">10kA", ie off the scale, for L-N PSCC. My current Fluke 1652C seems to be behaving itself.

Edit:
This was usually on a TN-C-S supply where the two values should be near enough the same.

Last edited:
West yorks, semi on private estate on edge of moors, no sub station near by that i'm aware of.

If you don't know the length of the supply cabling then you can't calculate the PSCC manually so you don't have much choice but to trust your test results. The reading of 10KA doesn't strike me as extraordinary so I wouldn't lose any sleep over it. A private estate will most likely have its own substation in close proximity.

*Edit* Wouldn't a high PSCC on the supply be a DNO problem anyway and not yours?

Last edited:
If the supplied distribution board and protection devices are suitable for that level of PSCC then there is no problem. Remembering that the Short circuit capacity of OPD <50A in a CU to BS60439-3 or BS5486-13 with a BS1361 type 2 suppliers fuse can be considered to be 16kA.

Reply to High pscc ???? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net