Hissing sound from under sink plumbing advice | on ElectriciansForums
  • Thread starter Seo195
  • Start date
  • Replies 0
  • Views 101

Discuss Hissing sound from under sink plumbing advice in the Plumbers Forums area at ElectriciansForums.net

Hissing sound from under sink Heya,

So there's a hissing sound coming from underneath my sink that feeds my washing machine and dishwasher. I initially thought it was a weeping connection or a pinhole in an old pipe, so I turned the water off. The hissing was still there but as soon as I drained what was left in my cold tap it stopped. My brother who is not a plumber but has been in the building profession for many years also took a look and neither of us could find any leak or any wet spots of any kind. I also checked the back of the washing machine and dishwasher, everything is working as it should and I have since turned my water back on. The hissing is still there however, my brother mentioned something about the water company increasing the pressure during the summer? But I don't know if this is true. I am on a mains supply. He also said it just sounds like water in the pipe, but I'm still not too pleased. Don't really want to bother a plumber when there is no actual visable wet patches though.

Any idea what it could be that is causing the hissing sound, maybe air in the pipe? It's not bothering me but I just don't want a massive leak if pressure is building.

Any help is much appreciated!

Hissing sound from under sink to read more on the original thread at Plumbing Advice

See also UK Plumbing Advice for all UK plumbing advice needs.

Reply to Hissing sound from under sink plumbing advice in the Plumbers Forums area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

J
  • Article
How do I fit pipes under kitchen sink? I took Apart pipes under 1 and 1/2 sink, and now I can't put it back together. Can anyone help please How...
Replies
Views
Julie c
J
J
  • Article
Purpose of vent under sink? There are bad smells that come from my sink drain when I run water. On inspecting (undoing) the U-bend trap, there is...
Replies
Views
Jimmy8127
J
R
  • Article
total blockage in kitchen sink what will cut through whatever is blocking my kitchen sink? I've put sulfuric acid, and then later i put a whole...
Replies
Views
razorback
R
  • Article
This is an RSS feed of thread: Water in both sinks are going down slow Content of the thread: Hi All, I just had a question about something I...
Replies
Views
E
  • Article
Replace a water tap Hello, I have to replace the kitchen's water tap. I am attaching images (*.img) of the under sink existing pipe connections...
Replies
Views
Erico19
E

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks