HMRC Electricians Tax Safe Plan | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss HMRC Electricians Tax Safe Plan in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

lurch

-
Reaction score
as the title says, I have just received this in the post today. Sound like taxman is onto our industry as they were plumbers and heating engineers.

Has anyone else got one?

an electrician can be defined as anyone who installs, maintains and tests electrical systems, equipment and appliances under stringent safety regulations.

so they are puting the screws on us hardworking sparks, who try to do everything right. and the cowboys are getting away with it.

an electrician can be defined as anyone who installs, maintains and tests electrical systems, equipment and appliances under stringent safety regulations.

so they are puting the screws on us hardworking sparks, who try to do everything right. and the cowboys are getting away with it.

Hit the nail on the head there

so they are puting the screws on us hardworking sparks, who try to do everything right.

That's not really the case though is it? If you are trying to get everything right that means you are paying your tax. To do so you are either keeping yourself up to date with the requirements, or employing the services of an accountant. In which case the campaign doesn't apply to you and there's no problem.

On the other hand if you've been trying to dodge tax by not paying the amounts you shoulkd then they want you to give up what you owe. We can't complain and moan about customers who don't pay what they owe, then decide it's acceptable to avoid paying what we owe. It would be hypocrasy of the highest order IMHO.

I'm not making the case for taxation to be right or fair under the current rules, I'm simply saying that if you pay your dues you have nothing to worry about.

Lets hope there's a phone number on it so we can all "shop" our local cowboys.

Madness, so us registered "professionals", who do our taxes, VAT, etc get done over and the black/cash economy grows.

I see it like this. If you've paid your taxes fair and square your ok and nothing to worry about, but this does not mean you will not be investigated. In my situation I have had a bad year, my turnover is down around 30-40%, so if the taxman looks at my final accounts over the last 3-4 years and see's my turnover down he may decide to take a closer look. Thats fine my books are in order.

If on looking at my books he decides to cross reference any Part P certificates with any invoicing, and sees a misdemeanour (cash job not put through the books, but customer wants a cert) then he has a case. And to quote from the letter I got today, " we get our information from . . . .. . part P certificates"

Not trying to scare monger but make sure your squeaky clean fellas!

so now the truth is out. part p has nothing to do with improving the safety of installations, but everything to do with big brother, and encouraging the cowboys to do electrical work with no paper trail.

Well they hit 2 plumbers I know last year. One, the good one, got interviewed several times, they went through every tiny part of his life, even his wifes bank accounts etc and found virtually nothing. They went through a dodgy plumbers too, ripped him to pieces. He agreed that he`d been naughty when they found discrepancies and he agreed to pay £7k ouch. When he had the bill they assumed he had been doing it for 4 years so the bill is now 4x £7k = £28K. Now thats got to hurt.

Either way guilty or innocent it takes weeks of your time, costs thousands in accountant fees etc. Bad news.

Im hoping that Ive been OK, not saying I havent had the odd £20 cash job on the way home from work but I doubt they are bothered about that, I havent done the big cash jobs.

Reply to HMRC Electricians Tax Safe Plan in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net