Currently reading:
Hole in copper pipe, solder under floor, T coupling & protection Discussion Thread

Discuss Hole in copper pipe, solder under floor, T coupling & protection Discussion Thread in the Plumbers Forums area at ElectriciansForums.net

This is an RSS feed of thread: Hole in copper pipe, solder under floor, T coupling & protection

Content of the thread: I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several questions:
  • I was thinking to solder, but not sure if I should be brazing or is soldering enough for peace of mind (I'm in France, but I guess nobody will open up the floors for inspection, so for me allowed by code in UK/US is good enough).
  • I know I should use a sleeve, but not sure how to secure it properly because if I put it on before I solder it'll melt. The alternative is to use some kind of tape. I guess Denso tape is good for that? If so, any special way of securing it to the edges of the sleeve from both sides of the exposed pipe?
  • I made a small cut in a sleeve around another pipe running close by (no damage to the pipe). Can I use regular silicone to seal that hole to avoid direct contact of the pipe with the surrounding concrete?
  • I was thinking to use the opportunity to solder an extension from the pipe using a T coupling under the floor to connect a water line to the new toilet. What do you think about copper T couplings inside concrete? How can I protect the area around the coupling with a sleeve? Are there T-shaped sleeve connectors or something similar?

Thanks very much to anyone who can help!

Hole in copper pipe, solder under floor, T coupling & protection to read more on the original thread at Plumbing Advice

See also UK Plumbing Advice for all UK plumbing advice needs.

Reply to Hole in copper pipe, solder under floor, T coupling & protection Discussion Thread in the Plumbers Forums area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock