Hot Tub Wiring | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Hot Tub Wiring in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi Guys.
Never wired a hot tub before, so please be gentle and point me in the right direction if my steering is off :)
Hot tub has 3kw heater, and twin pumps, rating 32a. Its about 25meter total from the main cu. But garage has a mini cu & is about 10m away.
Plan on using 6mm 3 core swa in external conduit from main cu running off a 32a MCB.
This then goes 15m to the mini consumer unit in the garage through a 32a RCD, then 10m to hot tub.

My questions are a) does this sound acceptable and up to the job?
b) do i really need to fit a rotary isolator as well?
C) Main cu is plastic and a bit flimsy for the swa, can i run to a metal junction box fitted next to the cu,
gland it off at this box and run the tails direct to the MCB, or run 6mm t&e to the box and connect there?

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated, as rather go cap in hand now than look like a tw*t when it fizzles!

Hi mate, I see from your profile that you are a trainee electrician so may I ask politely why you are asking this on an internet forum instead of consulting with your work colleagues. They should be there to guide you through the process as you should not be doing this work on your own.

Reply to Hot Tub Wiring in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

• Question
This charger doesn't support rear entry from the looks, only bottom entry, hence that. Unless they make a white sheathed SWA, I would still need...
Replies
Views
  • Question
There is nothing inherently wrong with this part of the layout. There is another option that you may want to consider. Those supply conductors...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks for the video. pretty much exactly what I needed to know.
Replies
Views
  • Question
Exactly 😅
2 3
Replies
Views
  • Question
For most hot tub electrical needs, a 50 amp double-pole circuit breaker is enough. For the unit's safety function, it is strongly advised to...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks