How close can incoming gas pipe/meter be to electric supply/meter | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss How close can incoming gas pipe/meter be to electric supply/meter in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

jase31

I need to arrange for electric and gas tobe reconnected in a property. The incoming supply gas pipe is next to (as in 2-3cm) to the incoming electric. Is there a requirement for separation? As this is an existing property is it ok to reinstall in the same place, or will one need moving?

I need to arrange for electric and gas tobe reconnected in a property. The incoming supply gas pipe is next to (as in 2-3cm) to the incoming electric. Is there a requirement for separation? As this is an existing property is it ok to reinstall in the same place, or will one need moving?

Just from memory (so could be wrong) think it is 6" / 150mm unless there is an insulating material in between.

Just looked in osg and page 18 says distance between meter and ccu 150mm, and pipe and cable 25mm for domestic pipe work up to 35mm and for pipe work over 35mm distance 50mm. BS 6891:2005, clause 8.16.2)

Reply to How close can incoming gas pipe/meter be to electric supply/meter in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Thanks all for your comments, advice and suggestions. The following is probably pretty boring for most, and is simply a summary of how the job...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Did they fit an isolator?
Replies
Views
  • Question
How did it go?
Replies
Views
  • Question
I am posting an additional note in case it's useful to anyone in a similar situation: the whole thing is made more confused by the fact that I -...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Yes, 230/400V throughout. I don't know whether they ever used 230V delta or whether any is still in use today, but that obviously doesn't apply here.
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks