How do I find my City & Guilds number? | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss How do I find my City & Guilds number? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

Adam W

As above really - I need to find my City & Guilds number. It should be on at least one of my certificates, if not all of them, but there are a lot of numbers on my certificates. I can make out my date of birth on there, and what I think is the centre number, but all the other numbers seem to be different on each certificate.
There are 7 boxes on the form (3 then 4), which could be a clue...

i'd use the number on the bottom of your most recent C&G cert , usually at least 20 digits long broken up into groups with slashes.
against this code will be referenced all the training done upto that point in your records at c&g.

had to do the same myself last week to enrole on a course

Upvote 0
The last digits (23 of them) are:
10 digits
10 digits/3 digits.

The first 10 digit number seems to be the same on all my level 3 certificates, but not on my level 2 or unit credit certificates.

Upvote 0
Alright Adam. The full set of numbers work like this:-

The first 4 or 6 numbers are the date the exam was passed. eg 131010/ or1010/

2nd set is the C&G course eg 2330-03/. This may not correspond to the same numbers we are use to on the individual modulars btw.

3rd set I think is the college/center you sat the exam but I'm not sure on this + it changes on my certs as well.

The last set starting with letters is your C&G ref ending in your date of birth. Hope that helps mate.

Upvote 0
Yes it does, thank you Paul. I got a bit confused because the first 3 characters are letters.

I emailed C&G about this, whose reply kind of backs that up:
Dear Mr Adam W

Thank you for contacting City & Guilds Customer Relations.
From your certificate, you will see there is a long number at the bottom, which is situated above the signature, this is made up of the centre number, enrolment no, course and personal details.
Should you require any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact the Customer Relations team on 0844 543 0033.
Yours sincerely

Tina Brody
Customer Relations Advisor | Customer Relations
City & Guilds - Believe you can

Upvote 0
Apparently if you have 2 C&G numbers it can cause big problems because with certain courses they cross reference them, eg they make sure you have a technical certificate before releasing your NVQ3 certificate.
That happened to someone at my college - it took them ages to figure out what had gone wrong and why he wasn't getting his certificate, which is why I wanted to check.
Fortunately my number is the same on all my certificates.

Upvote 0
Apparently if you have 2 C&G numbers it can cause big problems because with certain courses they cross reference them, eg they make sure you have a technical certificate before releasing your NVQ3 certificate.
That happened to someone at my college - it took them ages to figure out what had gone wrong and why he wasn't getting his certificate, which is why I wanted to check.
Fortunately my number is the same on all my certificates.

That is precisely why we use EAL for NVQ's.

Upvote 0
That is precisely why we use EAL for NVQ's.
Can you do an EAL NVQ with a City & Guilds technical certificate, then get a gold card with it? The reason I'd choose City & Guilds is everyone's heard of them - I can't be doing with having to keep arguing that my qualifications are just as good as City & Guilds, then not getting the job.
I expect it's the same reason anyone joins NICEIC.

Upvote 0

Reply to How do I find my City & Guilds number? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net