How much to charge? | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss How much to charge? in the Talk Electrician area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
today i have to mount an existing fuse board which has come away from the wall and install 3 florry's and 2 surface sockets into a new shed in this guys garden havnt seen the job yet but just want guestimates on a guide price

I dont tend to take days off during the week i have this job today and a fuse board change tomorrow morning so in theory im working 2 weeks straight. Also during the week i travel to Croydon to do tenented rewires :rolleyes: god their a pain

Last edited:
If you can get £250 a day where you are then I'm moving!

I can't get £250 a day but given some of the hourly rates some say they charging I'm just going along with the bull**** that gets bounded around.

In the real world where I live and work your lucky to get between £120 - £150 a day :cool:

I can't get £250 a day but given some of the hourly rates some say they charging I'm just going along with the bull**** that gets bounded around.

In the real world where I live and work your lucky to get between £120 - £150 a day :cool:

Where abouts are you?

I'm stuck right in the middle of Essex and Hertfordshire near M25 Junction 26

And your lucky to get £120 a day?? Get registered mate, could be why your customers are reluctant to pay you properly, showing them your gold card won't mean much as most laymen have heard something of part P electricians and that's what they might be looking for.

I've worked for firms that pay that a day to there employees that are not fully qualified.

I know your dead against getting registered but it's the way it is now, if your doing a fare amount of domestic work then I can't see any sensible reason not to get registered.

Reply to How much to charge? in the Talk Electrician area at ElectriciansForums.net