How to connect Two batteries and one Inverter | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss How to connect Two batteries and one Inverter in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

brianmoser

Hi.. I have two 12 V batteries and one 12 V inverter. I want to connect them with a switch so that I can change the battery its working with without having to re wire the whole thing again, to the other battery. What kind of switch do I need, and How do I connect it? Thank you

You could plug your charger into the inverter and connect it to the battery, it'd be permanently on charge then...:)

Maybe use a 3 position 2 pole changeover switch to...switch between the batteries, 3rd position being off.

Last edited by a moderator:
the charger is built into the inverter. What Archy Styrigg said would be the ideal solution. Can Anyone post a link to one? I ve been googling but there seem to be so many such switches. I want the exact name/spec so I can buy the right thing when I go shopping. Thanks for the replies :)

the charger is built into the inverter, and there is only one set of wires coming out of it to the battery. It does the charging. still looking for a suitable switch. thanks for all the replies.

Reply to How to connect Two batteries and one Inverter in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

• Question
Received guidance from a logical soul on the Kawie Riders forum: Acc Fuse Block Power to BAT LOAD, install new cable from BAT LINE to AUX + (and)...
Replies
Views
Don’t bother, 3 to 5 min of microwaving will take a car battery from full to empty. even if you can start your van afterwards, the duty cycle will...
    • Optimistic
Replies
Views
Hi, advice please if this would be fine and not cause issues with either the batteries or the inverter. I have read that LifePo4 batteries aren't...
Replies
Views
Where are you based?
Replies
Views
  • Question
Gents has anyone done an application using the UKPN smart connect portal for a split phase supply and addition of multiple single phase battery...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks