How to measure battery bank energy? | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss How to measure battery bank energy? in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Diyer123

DIY
Reaction score
Does monitor on a bank measure true watt hours if the batts have different state of charge?

The bank is a group of batteries connected in parallel, or series, or a combination of the two, and get charged as an entity. Assuming they are all healthy, they should each assume the same level of charge. If one battery is failing, the watt-hours energy available from the whole bank would be reduced due to the weak battery, both in the maximum charge you could put into the bank, and then in turn the amount you can draw as a result. But if the battery monitor is doing it's job properly in measuring the charge put in, and then working out what the battery can then deliver, it should still be accurate in telling you the available watt hours. That's my understanding anyway!

Reply to How to measure battery bank energy? in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Have a chat with your local victron supplier, they do several units that will do just what you are wanting to do. limit the supply load to 5kw...
Replies
Views
See Page 10 (if this is the relevant blurb): https://midsummerwholesale.co.uk/pdfs/givenergy-solar-battery-installation-manual.pdf Appears to be...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have a couple of questions I'm hoping you can help with. I have put a solar panel on my kids play house which charges a 12v battery. I...
Replies
Views
There are three batteries. They all charged on the universal charger that came with the drill which i bought within the last two years. I am not...
Replies
Views
The contacts are pushed open by a cam as the shaft is turned so they operate quite slowly. That's fine on AC as any arc is self-extinguishing at...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks