How to price for a new build domestic home | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss How to price for a new build domestic home in the Domestic Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

TPES

I would really like some advice exactly how you would price for a new build plot..

Im not after an actual price as i have no spec as of yet but wondering how you work out your total figure per plot..

Are you doing it price per point?

Is that a different price for sockets, and lighting for example?

If someone could give me an example of a newbuild they have done and how they came to there final figure i would really appreciate it..

Hi there
I have always quoyed the same as told by my old boss for the average points and usual size building if its 3 bedroom £3500, if its a 4 bedroom £4000, if its a 2 bedroom £3000, some times i go per point any not counting cooker outlet then £30- £40 is good thats including equipment all in white of course a bit more for wall lights etc, hope some help

I tend to add up the cost of the materials and then add on my time and then do a double check on a per point price which normally works out to around 40 per point. Seems to agree with what fog says.

I cant see that you wuld earn at all from £40 a point. We used to charge £50 but with all the overheads included we used to just about break even.

You gotta be looking at £60 minimum.

Hey that said i am a great believer in that if all sparks upped their rates and didnt do things just to have a turn over but no profit then we'd all be much much better off.

--- on guy up those rates. no ones better off by going to work and not earnign out of it. you'd can stay at home and not earn anything.

Someone once said to me, 'turn over doesnt mean anything if you dont turn a profit. you could turn over 3million but if you dont earn a pound out of it whats the point of all that work?'

The problem is when you are quoting for new builds the £60 a socket goes out the window, as normally they have about 10 plots to quote and they are all exposed timber frames.

I first fixed 10 for a mate of mine recently because he had too much work . he offered me £275.00 per 2 bed flat .

i managed to do 1.4 flats a day .

So to get these jobs you cant quote £3000 more like £1200 and you can still make (plus materials)

Reply to How to price for a new build domestic home in the Domestic Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net