How to wire a sentry | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss How to wire a sentry in the Talk Electrician area at ElectriciansForums.net

W

Welshsparky

Does anybody know how to wire a sentry ( a panel used to trip the power when noise gets to loud, Im currently wiring a sound proof music studio,The sentrys were cabled by somebody else but ive been asked to wire it, Theres 2 1.5mm twins at the sentry and two at the board...please please help!

The first thing that popped into my mind when I read the Title was Call Of Duty:Black Ops!!

Am I the only one obsessed by this lol, Sorry Welshsparky wont help you out but the word Sentry tickled me lol

From experience I would think that one of the twins will be to supply the unit, so fed from the board and the second twin will be to power a contactor which will switch the power off when there is too much noise. The contactor, I would imagine, will be wired between the board and the socket outlets in the studio. Do you have model number to hand to look at the instructions?

Reply to How to wire a sentry in the Talk Electrician area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

"It works" and "it's safe" are not necessarily the same thing. With DIY work, they are often far from the same thing.
Replies
Views
Ok, please be aware that I am a 'do-it-yourself-er,' so if this isn't the right place to be posting this thread, let me know where I should be...
Replies
Views
I think you should go to a good auto electrician and let them loose on it before you set fire to the car.
Replies
Views
You have 2 choices when connecting a new circuit to an existing fuse. 1) You join to the cable that supplies the existing fuse and add your own...
Replies
Views
By code the washing machine needs its own 20 amp single pole GFCI circuit, the dryer needs a 30 amp double pole breaker and using # 10 wire. Your...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks