How to wire sauna heater | Page 2 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss How to wire sauna heater in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi there, not sure to wire this in parallel or series.

Also, this seems to pre wired for three phase not for the home, but suppliers say it is for home use.

Any help appreciated. Thanks

Attachments

• [ElectriciansForums.net] How to wire sauna heater
    IMG_20191020_182523.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 69
  • [ElectriciansForums.net] How to wire sauna heater
    3zLmE.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 72
why? the links look fine. The links come from the manufacturer, surely you aren't questioning them?

The incoming cable should be sized for the power consumption of the item. The links will be taking the same current, therefore I personally would use links the same size as the incoming cable.
The choice is yours to make mate.

The incoming cable should be sized for the power consumption of the item. The links will be taking the same current, therefore I personally would use links the same size as the incoming cable.
Sure, the supply cable should be sized to carry recommended current. The right size links are already chosen by the manufacturer, so the choice has been made for us. I guess the trick is in choosing the cable size, not the links.

The choice is yours to make mate.

The homemade live links won't be taking the same current as the supply cable, the firs link will take 2/3 and the second link will take 1/3.
The neutral link appears to be factory fit so should be sized appropriately for the expected current.

Reply to How to wire sauna heater in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net