I want a cut from the average working sparkys pay packet! | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss I want a cut from the average working sparkys pay packet! in the Talk Electrician area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

ricardo123

Hi All,

I am just doing a bit of research into the number of bodies that all take a cut from the average working sparky. Can anyone add any more to this list?

IEE, HSE, TRUSTMARK, ELECSA, ECA, NICEIC, NAPIT, PARTP, JIB, LABC

Regards

ricardo123

Weeee every lamp you buy 15 p goes to it , council for waste transfer , trade bodies anual assessment fee , the notification charges , goverment ,

If your a electrician why suold you join up with these leeches??????you dont need them thats why you passed exams its total bull you are quallified thats it .

Look at it this way way I served 4 years to be an electrician 2 further years to get approved status I have qualified in the 14,15,16&17th editions I&T and my health and safety (that I have to sit every 3 years) I have liability insurance and after all that I am told I need to get registered with a self appointed authority who apparantly are meant to police me so. But I believe in free trade and I also believe that to force me to register with these as I see it self interest groups is going against my basic human rights that states I should be allowed to make a living unhindered hence why this big grey area will continue and who knows one day I will get a 6 week trained electrician tell me that I am "iffy" because I am not registered ?????

Look at it this way way I served 4 years to be an electrician 2 further years to get approved status I have qualified in the 14,15,16&17th editions I&T and my health and safety (that I have to sit every 3 years) I have liability insurance and after all that I am told I need to get registered with a self appointed authority who apparantly are meant to police me so. But I believe in free trade and I also believe that to force me to register with these as I see it self interest groups is going against my basic human rights that states I should be allowed to make a living unhindered hence why this big grey area will continue and who knows one day I will get a 6 week trained electrician tell me that I am "iffy" because I am not registered ?????
As 1 of the iffy electricians said in my 17th course "If this is the 17th edition WHAT was the first 1 called?"

Don't forget about all these bloomin websites selling us the ability to quote for our own work, while dictating to us what we should charge..

A few training providers have made money from me in the last two years
1 The SJIB for the ECS course
2 The SJIB for renewing my grade card
3 A company called Turners for my IPAF ticket
4 A company called Matchtech for a Safty Passport
5 The SJIB for a one day 17th Edition course
6 HOTA in Hull for CompEX
7 Doctor in Edinburgh for Offshore British and Norwegian Medical
8 Self employed Trainer for EUSR and Scottish Water DOMS card
As I have listed all off the above and I still can't get a job.
Another point is all off the above courses and grade cards have a time limit on them and will need renewed.Which I will more than likely have to pay for myself.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would also like to add sumbag Agencies and Payroll companies
I could also add
1 Driving Instructers
2 Driving Test Examiners
3 The DVLA for Driving Licence and car Tax
4 Insurance companies for car
5 Car dealer to sell car needed to get to work
6 Petrol stations
7 Garages and national chains to rip you off for servicing and tyres

flyingsausage

Genuine feel sorry for mate, my IPAF tickets expired about 5 years ago, had two. All the scumbags are calling the shots at the moments. They want blood for an hourly rate ranging from £10 to £15 an hour for an average 40 hour week. After deductions a **** take, but its all about supply and demand.

Last edited by a moderator:
the honest man is hammered

The honest man is learning fast

Old friend . 40 years as senior MOT inspector civil service. never a foot wrong. retires and goes self employed decorating. Never puts a foot wrong. son gets some serious mental issues. mate stops work to go on "suicide watch" for 9 months . Doctors the whole lot know etc . Tax man says "-------s you have been working" 2 years of threats and stress. So many witnesses etc to show he had never worked etc . Ended up with tax inspector getting a simple warning ....."Back off" it was done well and they did .

Mate now says "F" the system and works cash in hand. Will never declare a penny again. Good for him ! The system stinks in this country

As for CSA.. i think it is evil at times.

1 A computer for applying for jobs
2 An internet connection
3 A printer and scanner
4 A mobile phone
5 Having to buy several papers every week just to check if there is an job adverts in them
It is turning into a very dear occupation when you think about it

Reply to I want a cut from the average working sparkys pay packet! in the Talk Electrician area at ElectriciansForums.net