IDEAL 5250 rewiring | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss IDEAL 5250 rewiring in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

seithir

Hi all

Anyone interested, or know anyone, who would be interested in a job on the side, rewiring an old Ideal 5250 guillotine? We're in Halesowen (near to Birmingham for those who don't know ;) )

Our usual service people are trying to push us to buy a new machine, as the current one doesn't meet HSE regs, even though its been here for years.

It might prove to be the case that once the wiring is sorted, the motors might be knackered, but I wouldn't hold that against anyone who did the job.

Essentially the machine stopped working, the engineer we called out complained about the wiring without actually saying it was the wiring that was the problem - he just wouldn't look at the rest of it. We bought it second hand, and no doubt some bad things had been done to it. The core safety mechanisms haven't been bypassed or anything (guards have to be down, still requires two switch activation and so on), and I think the only real bypass has been on the overload mechanisms.

So we're looking for an open minded electrical engineer who can look at the problem, see if its a salvageable repair or not, and if so do what he can.

Any takers?

Hi there
I am working on a 5250 at the moment but cant find any wiring diagrams
could you share a scanned copy if you have one please
it would be a great help if you could.
or even point me to a online copy some where ...
Cheers Smillie

Reply to IDEAL 5250 rewiring in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

FYI, the colour change circa. 2006 was only for fixed wiring… within buildings. Appliance flex has been brown/blue/gy for a long long time...
Replies
Views
As a trainee, one of the things I've tried to focus on to deepen my interest in the world of electrics, is the space for creativity. I've...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Did he carry out anymore testing so he can fill in the values that are missing on the certificate? Having looked at the certificate again I think...
2 3 4 5 6
Replies
Views
  • Question
Sorry been busy in the new place. Have electrician coming round In an hour so don't want to waste dustydazzlers time. Will contact him if I...
Replies
Views
  • Question
From a technical perspective moving tbe pump is tbe simplest option which leaves you with the least number of potential failures.
Replies
Views
davesparks
D

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks