Ideal Wiring Of Conservatory? | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Ideal Wiring Of Conservatory? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

TPES

As the title says really, Just wondering your views on running power and lighting cables for a fully PVC conservatory, Ive seen different "electricians" wiring different ways..

Some ive seen/heard of

Before the floor base goes down in pvc conduit then upto each outlet
horizontaly from socket to socket :confused:
Under the windows sills droping down to each outlet :confused:

I have seen some that are a right mess..

Whats your thoughts?

Done some conservatories. Unfortunately, most have required installing PVC conduit under FFL. Definitely a pain, but no other option. Lighting more tricky depending on whether you can install whilst conservatory going up or not. Otherwise, wire from beneath the floor with wall-lights and switching.

Obvioulsy what ever way you wire a conservatory it will need to be to the 17th ed regs. Meaning any newley installed cables will need RCD protection.

If you were to spur off an existing ring main from the house is there no reason why you cant use a "powerbreaker RCD FCU" http://www.NoLinkingToThis/sfd/i/cat/34/p1431634_x.jpg

If you were to do this how and what would you test? confusing me a bit..

I know this isnt the best choice but its one cheaper and easier option for the customer and it still complys to the regs.

The downsides of course of using an FCU to feed a conservatory is the risk of overloading and it forever trippin.. if there where convector heaters ect...

What options would you have if the house had an old rewireable CU.. Just want to know if theres any I've missed.

Reply to Ideal Wiring Of Conservatory? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net