Immersion Heater Leak? plumbing advice | on ElectriciansForums
  • Thread starter SteveRobert5a
  • Start date
  • Replies 0
  • Views 164

Discuss Immersion Heater Leak? plumbing advice in the Plumbers Forums area at ElectriciansForums.net

Immersion Heater Leak? Has anyone got any suggestions as to what is going on here?
My 25 year old megaflo cylinder in the airing cupboard has a secondary immersion heater and I noticed the plastic cover felt damp at the bottom, but no signs of drips on the floor below. I removed the cover and saw lots of moisture inside. The cover thread has gone rusty, and there are blue-grey signs of tarnishing or scale or something on the brass mounting. If there's a leak in the brass mount into the cylinder I can't see where it's coming from, and why would moisture be found higher than the level of the seal into the cylinder? Is this just condensation that has collected over the years - cold metal surfaces inside an airing cupboard where clothes are being dried? Or is it something more sinister that requires further investigation?

[ElectriciansForums.net] Immersion Heater Leak? plumbing advice

Immersion Heater Leak? to read more on the original thread at Plumbing Advice

See also UK Plumbing Advice for all UK plumbing advice needs.

Reply to Immersion Heater Leak? plumbing advice in the Plumbers Forums area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

• Article
This is an RSS feed of thread: Leaking cylinder around immersion heater Content of the thread: Hi. My hot water cylinder has a small leak. It's...
Replies
Views
M
  • Article
Fagor pathroom gas heater leak The hearer is functional fine however it leaks from the pumper that has six hexa screws. Is that known issue and...
Replies
Views
Mohamedsbdelmalek
M
M
  • Article
Heat pump hot water cylinders Has anyone fit the hot water cylinders with a little heat pump on the top that has ducts to bring inside and outside...
Replies
Views
Matt0029
M
M
  • Article
Heat pump hot water cylinder Has anyone fit one of these? A hot water cylinder with a mini heat pump on top with ducts for air in and out. Heat...
Replies
Views
Matt0029
M
K
  • Article
Advice on a Drayton EB valve body leaking from the top A routine check revealed a leaking valve body on the en suite bathroom radiator. I removed...
Replies
Views
Kingfisher2
K

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks