in the middle of setting up on my own | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss in the middle of setting up on my own in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

G

G_FUNK

Hi im just in the process of setting up self employed. i live in the west midlands. I served a full nvq level 3 apprenticeship and AM2, passed my 17th edition and currently sitting my 2391. I looking in to subcontracting to fill in the gaps until i can generate enough work for my self. Im not sure on what i can get away with charging a day as a subby. I would have all my own tools, van, public liability, part p with elecsa realistically what could i charge a day? and can i claim fuel costs back with my contractors per mile?

I no i need one of these two cards a cscs card or ecs card which is the better of the two? i have already passed the ecs health and safety test but it seems to be the cscs card that is alway asked for or are they pretty much the same sort of cards?

cheers

martin

as above, and a fair rate for subbing is around £17 - £20 per hour.

I was thinking around that price. Could i get away with charging for mileage if the work wasnt local. because if i was working in london city centre for the day £160 would leave me with about 90 quid after tax by the time i paid fuel parking ect ect. Or do i charge per mile regaurdless of the work being local or not. Say charge after the first 10 miles?

I would expect to charge mileage when sub contracting (unless the work was within a couple of miles).

I charge 50p per mile but you may find that the firm you contract to will want to dictate this price.

Good luck.

Reply to in the middle of setting up on my own in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net