Increasing porch floor height prior to tiling Discussion Thread | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Increasing porch floor height prior to tiling Discussion Thread in the Tilers Forums - UK Tiling Forum. area at ElectriciansForums.net

Increasing porch floor height prior to tiling

I'm planning on tiling my porch, and the tiles and adhesive will take up around 13mm of height.

The porch is currently back to the concrete slab, which is around 70mm below finished floor height. This means making up 50-60mm of height. This seems too thick for bonded screed, and too thin for an unbonded screed. I was thinking of using chipboard or plywood, but from what I understand this isn't an ideal tiling substrate. I do have some spare 6mm hardi backer boards I could use.

Any thoughts welcome on how to tackle this.

Thanks

Increasing porch floor height prior to tiling for the Original Article on Tiling Advice Forum

Reply to Increasing porch floor height prior to tiling Discussion Thread in the Tilers Forums - UK Tiling Forum. area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

J
  • Article
Tiling over screed/plywood floor with height differences. Hi guys. Im a carpenter who has tiled a fair few floors over the years as i fit a lot...
Replies
Views
Johnny
J
  • Article
Moisture in floor advice...please Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds. Chunks of what...
Replies
Views
P
  • Article
Porcelain tiles potentially over weight limit: is this a big issue? Without thinking too much about it (DIY job), we bought these tiles, and now...
Replies
Views
poiupp
P
P
  • Article
Large floor tile adhesive help Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m putting down...
Replies
Views
parrydave
P
M
  • Article
Advice please, bathroom fitter has dot and dabbed tiles! Hi all, I'm hoping you can help with some feedback, please My parents are currently...
Replies
Views
Mitchell
M

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks