Induction Hob and Oven | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Induction Hob and Oven in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

Timmo

Hi all,

I've trawled through the numerous postings/threads on here and elsewhere and am content with loading and diversity:smilewinkgrin:

We've been looking at the various induction hob and oven options available and I was surprised to see that you can now buy 13A "plug-in" induction hobs in addition to 13A Ovens.

At the moment there is an existing 6mm T+E.
My calculations suggest that I should be able to run an induction hob and single oven from this single radial and and use a dual CCU to split off to the oven and hob below bench level. However, where I'm getting a little lost is that I presume I'd then also need to fit an FCU or sockets for both appliances - is that correct?

My reasoning is that if the hob or oven is then upgraded (i.e. >13A) it would require the appliance(s) to then be connected directly into the CCU.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
if they are both fitted with plugs, change the cooker outlet to 2 single sockets.

I don't recall seeing an induction hob fitted with a 13A plug!

i've never seen a pig fly, but that doesn't mean the can't.

[ElectriciansForums.net] Induction Hob and Oven

I don't recall seeing an induction hob fitted with a 13A plug!

You have now.......!

http://www.neff.co.uk/product-showroom//hobs/induction-hobs/T40B31X2GB.html :grin:

(look in the features bit)

To be fair neither had I until I did a bit of searching around.
We have a single ring portable one and SWMBO informs me that she very very rarely goes to more than 5/10 power setting as it is just too hot further up the scale.
I'm guessing the manufacturers have considered this and their rationale for reducing down to <3kW is because if people very rarely sue them at full power and they are so efficient what is the point of having more power if 99% of the population are never going to use it?

Anyway, we're digressing back to the question...............

Last edited by a moderator:
if they are both fitted with plugs, change the cooker outlet to 2 single sockets.
Thanks telectrix. I'm probably being a bit dim here but how would you change a dual CCU into two single socket outlets?

Reply to Induction Hob and Oven in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net