Industrial Energy Consumption | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Industrial Energy Consumption in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net

K

kev11

Hi all,

Just signed up to this forum in the hope someone could help me out with a project I have going on. I have been searching the net trying to find the energy consumption data for typical industrial facility that is used for a large online retailer such as Amazon with no luck at all. Now I understand that obviously the energy consumption will vary from facility to facility and be dependant on what machinery is operating and how long for. I am just looking for a few examples and if possible some references as well for me to check out.

Regards,
Kevin

OK that was confusing.

You want to know the energy usage of an industrial facility for a large online retailer.

Do you mean what their data centre usage is or something else?

I would not classify a data centre as industrial, more commercial.

Can you be a bit more specific on what you want?

Apologies for the confusion, an online retailer will have a large warehouse which they use to import and export orders etc. What I am looking to achieve is connect a turbine generator to the facility to meet the energy demand of the facility during operation and feed into the grid when the facility is not operational. By energy demand I mean kW/h ratings. This is for theoretical purposes therefore I can afford to use typical values and not specific values.

Regards,
Kevin

There is no such thing as ''Typical values'' to a working business such as you describe. So you can't size a turbine, or any other generator on, ....how long is a piece of string'' method that your proposing, theoretically or otherwise.
You size the supply size of any electrical installation on the known loads within that premises, ...not on overall guess work!!

EDIT.... Or, you could base the Generator size on the DNO supply cable/fuses, as you wouldn't be able to supply/back-feed onto the network, more than the DNO cable/fuses can handle!! In other words, you couldn't connect, say a 500KVA generator on to a 3 phase 100/125A DNO service supply...

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry Kev but you will not get any realistic answer without more info.

If you really do not have a ******* clue and want ANYTHING that might be reasonable.

Supply will be 3 phase with max current per phase between 125A and 500A.

Last edited by a moderator:
mate this is an easy one , just go to thier meter and get the MD reading for the month there will also be a peak MD read if you dont want to make a site visit get them to send you a copy of thier bill , Most opperations of the size you are enquiring about will have half hourly account ( 00 ??? ??? MPAN ) they can email you the last years data which they will have to hand , drop me and email and I can send some anonimous client detail [email protected]

Reply to Industrial Energy Consumption in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net