Installed Solar Pv System Help!!!! | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Installed Solar Pv System Help!!!! in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

C

Cleebjaw

Hi
Just had my system installed and have a few questions.
My system consists of 14 Sharp NU-R250 J5 panels and a SB3000hf invertor.

1...Why is there a 3Kw invertor on my system ? should it not be at least 3.5 or more ?
2...I was charged £360+vat for commissioning and the installer commisioned it nobody has looked/checked my system since the instal team left.
I thought commisioning was so a different pair of eyes could look at and test the work and then sign it off. Feels like paying him twice for the same job.
3...I was quoted and paid for a SB3800 and they installed the 3000hf, when asked about price difference I was told they were about the same, anybody know different ?
I stay in Glasgow roof pitch 30" and facing SSW
TIA
Jim

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Jim,

Are you sure you don't mean Sharp 245w rather than 250w?

1. The inverter is generally undersized when designing systems. The 3000HF looks ok to me. The 3800 appears oversized.

2. Did the installer mention the commissioning fee when he gave you your price?

3. The price of the SB3800 and the 3000HF is pretty similar and you've got a better match with the 3000HF. The installer should have run this by you before he installed the system, however, and he is possibly in breach of contract by not doing so.

Hi BiggsSolar

Thanks for the reply...

Definately NU-R250 J5 , I saw the commissioning fee on the quote but as i said I thought it was payment for other eyes,surely the instal team had to have it working or they had not met the terms of the contract, Its a bit like paying a mechanic to fix your car and then paying him again to start it and the installer did not run it by me I only discovered what invertor was in place when i installed SB explorer,In the schematic I got it said it was a SB3000tl seems like a lot of errors
Cheers
Jim

If they charged for comissioning and they still won out compared to other quotes then that's fair enough. They still need to commission and test their own work - it doesn't need to be anyone else.

Hi
Thanks for clearing that up...what about the panels being 250 and not 245 as you suggested re the invertor ?
Just found this site
SMA | Eco lines
£82 cheaper for the 3000 against the 3800

Cheers
Jim

I've just not seen any 250w Sharps available in the UK whereas the 245w Sharps are very common.

You should ask the installer about the inverter. They actually badly designed the system in the first place in my opinion by using the SB3800

Reply to Installed Solar Pv System Help!!!! in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net