Insulation resistance test on a db supplied via a time clock | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Insulation resistance test on a db supplied via a time clock in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi guys new to this website just a quick question as it has been a while I have a small 6 way distribution board this only becomes live via a time clock supply wired into it I'm going to be testing this board with a IR dead test on each circuit just to make sure according to guidance note 3 & on site guide all voltage sensitive equipment must be disconnected each circuit will have its neutral conductor removed from DB should I also be disconnecting this time clock supply to the DB also as these have relays in them this could affect the IR reading obtains at time of testing and inspection just to clarify appreciate any help on this matter

thanks guys

If you are testing each circuit individually with both L&N conductors disconnected from the Distribution/ Consumers unit, can't see what difference the time clock make as it should be on it's ow circuit anyway.

Thanks for the reply pete999 this makes sense I was questioned on this by someone higher up the chain than myself and did not have a reply but what your makin is sense we are not wanting to test the time clock the circuit it's self so therefore the time clock will not be affecting the circuit in question appreciate your help mate

Reply to Insulation resistance test on a db supplied via a time clock in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net