Insulation Resistance Values | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Insulation Resistance Values in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi,

I am getting a reading of Live to Live = 195 MOhms
Live to Earth = 0.75 MOhms at the distribution board I am working on a Highway depot.
Are these acceptable values?
If not... what do I to?

Thanks,
Lasowski101

You are a trainee right? you shouldn't be testing on your own when you aren't even aware of the values required, speak to your mentor or supervisor and make him / her aware of what you have found, and get permission to join the trainee forum, if you haven;t done so already.

Its quite scary that you are testing an installation yet you don't know whether your results are acceptable, there's a reason we have to undergo training and exams before we can do this on our own.....

Reply to Insulation Resistance Values in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

If the main switch is on when testing global IR then the neutral and earth will likely give a very low reading. Not that anyone would...
Replies
Views
loz2754
L
Check the clearance between the back panel and/or terminal cover that you've removed. Look for small burn marks.
Replies
Views
I was at the other end of the results spectrum today. As I was driving home I had a call from my "Mrs Richards from Fawlty Towers" lady, very deaf...
Replies
Views
Thank you for your help. Will double check everything tommorow and try to find out what was on at the time of tripping. Still need to retest the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I may have been mistaken regarding TT I will look into that, thank you for the valued reply, but in general I stick to my post, a good topic for...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks