IP codes explained | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss IP codes explained in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

This is great , but can i add a comment about IP codes in Bs 7671, as I cant find for the following Principle if at all exists.

Work related a PVC Thro box or End box used to mount a rockrose, my employer, is under the impression that you have to seal the ends with, example 20mm Stuffing glands glued or silicone to seal the hole.

I would say the rockrose is above your head in a Tiled ceiling and is highly unlikly to ever cause any injury, also you have to get steps and remove the tiles with use of a tool ref : steps hehe :)

or can you guide me to the correct IP ref : in the Regs for this, i would be very gratefull..... Im thinking its going to be very expensive if it realy does apply.

Reply to IP codes explained in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

i notice you mention "fire rated" instead of "metallic" Are we talking about a metal consumer unit? I know its presumed... but just checking
Replies
Views
Simple eh, 0-8.....what about 65, what about the 'x' Does soaking wet mean 0 can be used in a shower and 8 only in the dry? (just teasing)
Replies
Views
Absence of correct labelling is a C3, reversed polarity is a C1 (BPG-4). You choose.
Replies
Views
  • Question
This lesser known technique can be used for RCBO protected circuits, allowing a high current test to be used. It's a good one to have in the bag...
Replies
Views
I think what Lister is getting at is that the OP hasn't confirmed if the neutral is shared between the 2 circuits. That's what needs further checking.
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks