IR on ELV lighting | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss IR on ELV lighting in the Talk Electrician area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

Penance

Thinking ahead here.

If I need to do an IR test on an ELV lighting circuit should I do it like this:

Disconnect tx from LV side and do IR test at 500v, record results.
Disconnect tx from ELV side, remove lamps from fittings and perform IR test at 250v, record results.

Reconnect LV ELV and good to go?

You'll want to test the LV circuit at 500V regardless.
You can then test the ELV separately at 250V, the ELV test will include the transformer with lamps removed.

Last edited:

Reply to IR on ELV lighting in the Talk Electrician area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

There is a lock on it, press the test button down and press the lock button, the symbol will appear on the screen in the middle right hand side...
Replies
Views
Well at about 9.30 last night I stripped the door card off and found the culprit, cable snapped and end off. So I spent another hour and managed...
    • Funny
Replies
Views
Not all sockets isolate both the live and neutral when you turn the switch off Many just isolate the live leaving the N connected. So the...
Replies
Views
The instructions tell you to test the insulation and you already know from the result of the previous test that the L and N are not insulated from...
Replies
Views
davesparks
D
  • Question
Yeah, it is black and round. It was also fairly heavy (it was being suspended halfway up the attic by a single screw, purposefully bent… I lifted...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks