IR testing on a circuit with aluminum | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss IR testing on a circuit with aluminum in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
hello all,

I have got a ring circuit wired in aluminum. just wondered when performing an ir test, is there likely to be any strange results or do considerations have to be taken.
I realise that this circuit needs rewiring but just curious.

thanks

Reply to IR testing on a circuit with aluminum in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

You would have thought they'd have a switch to flick on and off to engage an override. Not on each PIR but an actual light switch
Replies
Views
The IR test would be with all CPCs connected to the MET. The other tests I don't know for sure, but I would guess a separate R1+R2 test for both...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I honestly think that you shouldn’t stress about it since even though you upgrade to a 200 amp panel, that doesn’t mean that you are going to...
Replies
Views
  • Question
https://professional-electrician.com/technical/replacing-a-consumer-unit-in-a-dwelling-niceic/ All circuits should be tested
Replies
Views
I was at the other end of the results spectrum today. As I was driving home I had a call from my "Mrs Richards from Fawlty Towers" lady, very deaf...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks