is there a tool on market for setting heights of flush (metal ) back boxs | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss is there a tool on market for setting heights of flush (metal ) back boxs in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

C

chopper

does anyone use owt , u know on newbuilds etc, just wondering if there was a quicker way than measuring all time, or setting laser up, we dont do that many new builds and iv not worked on large sites

I grab a bit off wood mark all socket outlet, switch heights fan isolator heightsetc on it and go round with that. Be sure to add on the finnish floor level on to your outlet heights just ask the foreman whats going on with the floor layers chip board etc

gutted thought i was onto something , iv never seen owt in wholesalers or seen anyone use owt in 5 years lol.,bigshow are you refering to finish floor levels because you doing work just walking on joits etc

I think he means even if the floor has a concrete or wooden base, you need to take in consideration that the floor may then have underfloor heating with screed on top followed by laminate or tiles, before you know it you would have to add 3/4" to the height (if a new build).

Ha ha, if I had used any of those methods today all my sockets would have been on the wonky woo, massively!

Turns out the property I am currently working in has had subsidence at some point and the floors AND ceilings are all over the place:rolleyes4:

Reply to is there a tool on market for setting heights of flush (metal ) back boxs in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

• Solved
Therein lies the problem. I see no merit in further circular debate, so will bow out of this discussion.
2 3
Replies
Views
nicebutdim
N
I ended up testing every way I could on the meter. Surprisingly there was always a slight bit of electricity reading on the meter, I think .42 on...
Replies
Views
B
  • Question
.....Right.....firstly,the obvious. You have not only left it quite late,to design and fit the desired equipment,you have also left it last. Some...
Replies
Views
B
  • Question
they aint cheap! think we have about 250 to do
Replies
Views
brizospark
B
C
  • Question
A touch of dirty (cementy) water or a little cement in the bonding makes it go off much quicker!
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks