Is this ok? | on ElectriciansForums
  • Thread starter cristafar
  • Start date
  • Replies 5
  • Views 1K

Discuss Is this ok? in the Talk Electrician area at ElectriciansForums.net

C

cristafar

My friend has a 3 phase board in his shop, he wants to put another small single phase 2 way board in a seperate office with a ring main with 4 sockets and a single light. In his 3phase board he as a spare 32mcb. can i use that to feed the small board, which will need a 32amp mcb for ring and 6amp for light?. or will i need bigger breaker? there's a distance of about 6meter from board to board. i was also gonna use 6mm cable from board to board??

thanks

chris

What you have said is pretty much spot on, without seeing this for myself I would calculate the demand for the 2nd cu and choose correct sized csa and mcb. Make sure you label this correctly (im sure others will inform, I'm not 100% due to 6m distance)..... question, your not a Bulls fan are you? (rhinos fan) ;);)

What you have said is pretty much spot on, without seeing this for myself I would calculate the demand for the 2nd cu and choose correct sized csa and mcb. Make sure you label this correctly (im sure others will inform, I'm not 100% due to 6m distance)..... question, your not a Bulls fan are you? (rhinos fan) ;);)

Will do, Thanks for replies. Yup bulls fan :p, but im also a leeds united fan if that helps :D.

Not bothered that much about football. Anyway, forgot to mention mechanical protection for the 6mm. But I'm sure your ok to sort that out. Keep an eye out for others to post regards to labeling, its important in any 3 phase installation or am I being a bit ott on this matter?

Reply to Is this ok? in the Talk Electrician area at ElectriciansForums.net