Isolated, noise-free electrical ground | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Isolated, noise-free electrical ground in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Has anyone come across this before -
The LC/TQ electrical outlets must have an isolated, noise-free electrical ground that is
connected to the main earth ground for the facility. Noise-free typically mean Total Harmonic
Distortion (THD) more than 3% is not acceptable.

Distance of 80m, so do I supply locally and bring a separate earth cable back 80m or,
A dedicated 3 core cable 80m from the main plant room. (preferred option).
2kW power, so not big at all.
And do I take the cable and split the cpc to connect to the main earth bar?

Great site

cpc to one earth connection in the socket that feeds back to the db it is fed from like any normal circuit
then a dedicated clean earth from MET to the clean earth pin on the socket.

Reply to Isolated, noise-free electrical ground in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

• Solved
Therein lies the problem. I see no merit in further circular debate, so will bow out of this discussion.
2 3
Replies
Views
nicebutdim
N
  • Question
Thanks for the extra push to go ahead and run a 4 wire configuration and the reminder for a GFCI. I was trying to get away with not having to run...
Replies
Views
Neutral and ground are always going to be connected, somewhere, somehow. In fact one of the things that makes a neutral a neutral, is that it is...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I have a quick question if I may? I'm thinking of adding a second PV system to my existing rooftop PV & battery setup. As the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
but if OPis in london a shed could fetch £500/week rent.
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks