Isolator - Safely Locked On... | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Isolator - Safely Locked On... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

PEG

-
Mentor
Arms
Reaction score
Here is a mini quiz,visited a supplier today,went to large side roller-shutter door to load up and noticed control box with isolator inside at side of door.Isolator (rotary) was locked off with combination padlock in the ON position.I asked the proprietor if there was a reason for this and he said "company policy" to prevent "messing". I asked him if he could think of any reason this would be a bad idea and fairly quickly,he thought up a couple of tricky scenarios,but he had a memo so that was that! My question would be,bearing in mind what is its use,can anyone think up a justifiable reason that say,a legal representative,could put forward.....:devil:

Not butchered,more like neatly modified.Manager said that an inspection was completed 2 months ago with no issues once inspector was informed of "memo". My OCD was pulling at me and i asked if he knew combination....."one of the lads might...."

Agreed. Parting comment was to file memo with baby pictures and premium bonds.Unless of course it's himself trapped under the roller shutters Mr.Belvedering himself...

Reply to Isolator - Safely Locked On... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net