It's Fridayyy... | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss It's Fridayyy... in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Astrobpy

Trainee
Reaction score
Happy Friday Everyone!

I hope everyone is having a good Friday. I only work until 12 on Fridays so my Fridays are always gooood.

Does anyone have any interesting work or non related work things on today/over the weekend.

Paul

So on Fridays we have this little tradition - I think I might have shared it on here before. Neither of us could tell you when or why it started, but Friday 6pm UK time or thereabouts we do a glass of fizz, nothing extravagant (Tesco prosecco is standard!), and find something good about the week and have a little toast to it. Now, where this becomes genuinely interesting is that we still do it when I'm away, via video call, and so quite often that can be in a totally different timezone for me - even breakfast - don't care.

But both of us are now in holiday mode now anyway as we're off next week for a week of sun and sea, can't wait!

We have a 5 o’clock rule….

“No alcohol until after 5pm…. Except there’s a couple of important excuses where that doesn’t work. “

1. It’s always after 5pm somewhere

And

2. It’s always after 5pm somewhere

Now I know technically that’s only one excuse… but since it’s a really really important one… I thought I’d mention it twice.

(Paraphrased from Kryten, Red Dwarf)

So on Fridays we have this little tradition - I think I might have shared it on here before. Neither of us could tell you when or why it started, but Friday 6pm UK time or thereabouts we do a glass of fizz, nothing extravagant (Tesco prosecco is standard!), and find something good about the week and have a little toast to it. Now, where this becomes genuinely interesting is that we still do it when I'm away, via video call, and so quite often that can be in a totally different timezone for me - even breakfast - don't care.

But both of us are now in holiday mode now anyway as we're off next week for a week of sun and sea, can't wait!
That sounds like a good mindset to have, celebrating the little victories in the week.

Enjoy your holiday! seems like you picked the right time to go...definitely not jealous!

Only Fridays and Saturdays? That's not bad going, what do you do with the rest of your time?
HAVE to work, as in no option, and put in 20+ hours over the two days. Rest of the week I have no problem findings things to do, but at times and dates to suit me, and if I want to take an afternoon off, I can.

Reply to It's Fridayyy... in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net