just took my 2391 test | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss just took my 2391 test in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

bmb

does anyone know when exam paper will be public would like to go over a few of my questions.
that much going round my head i cant even rember if it was a tn-c-s or tn-s lol.
dont think i done to bad but only time will tell

how does everyone else feel they did?.

Ive just done it mate! I dont think ive done too bad, but like you say, only time will tell! There was a few questions which i was struggled on, like the one about precautions that should be taken when having to work live or something, my mind just went blank!!

just took it as well. Some of the questions threw me a bit..... didnt revise much about voltage drop so god knows how i done on that question lol!

Best of luck to everyone that just sat the exam, I found some questions pretty tough too....

Didn't help matters that someone behind me was sniffing really loudly every 5 seconds! :mad2:

Thought the part A questions were tougher than some of the other papers I've seen. Not sure how well I got on but I won't be betting the house on the outcome.

Hi fellow 2391ers, seems c&g continue to love their ambiguity!! some questions in part 1 had me guessing and double guessing myself lol:sad3: what did you peeps work out the v drop to be?

I sat the exam last night too absolutely knackered now.
Volt drop question found a bit of a bugger i too came to 11.4v.
What did everyone put when inspecting the db with sight and touch? few marks i may have lost there!

For sight I put that the correct circuits were connected in the correct sequence in the main earthing terminal and the neutral terminal and that the MCB's and RCBO's were the correct size for the conductors leaving them. For touch I put that the earthing conductor was secure in its terminal and that the main switch operated properly. Can't remember the rest!

I sat the exam last night too absolutely knackered now.
Volt drop question found a bit of a bugger i too came to 11.4v.
What did everyone put when inspecting the db with sight and touch? few marks i may have lost there!
This is the bit that I struggled on, from memory I put:
Touch:Check all terminations into circuit breakers RCBOs earth and neutral bars are secure
Check buzz bar covers and barriers are secure and all in place
Check that switches and circuit breakers and RCBOs swith on and off cleanly
Sight: Check that the circuit breakers and RCBOs are suitable for the perspective fault current that could flow
Check the type and rating of circuit breakers and RCBOs are suitable for the size(csa) of the circuit conductors (cables) that are installed.
I think I ballsed this question up but the others seemed to go ok.

Last edited:
Don't you have to add a x1.2 correction factor to the volt drop formula to allow for the rise in temp when the circuit is under load?
I think the answer to Q4 was something along the lines of:-
1, Confirm installation/circuit complies with designer's intentions
2, Designed, Installed and Inspected & Tested to comply with BS7671
3, Not damaged so as to impair safety
Just seen it in some notes, not sure where it came from though as nothing in GN3.
Good luck to everyboby, only a couple of months to wait.

For touch i put

Connection of conductors - To check for any loose connections
Overheating of cables - Feel any cables that are overheating
Operation of protective devices - To check that all the protective devices were functioning correctly.

For sight

I put overheating and correct identification of condcutors.

Q4. If i remember correctly thats the on on inital verification fron GN3 i put.

1. All installed eletrical equipment and materials are of the correct type and comply to british standards.
2. All parts of the fixed installtion are correctly selected and erected.
3. No part of the fixed installation shall be visibly damaged or defective to impair safety.

Does anyone have the question papaer that they could post up?
good luck to everyone!!

Reply to just took my 2391 test in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net