Kewtech or Megger multifunction tester??? | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Kewtech or Megger multifunction tester??? in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

AKC

Hi all,

I'm a new member so someone please explain how the hell this all works.

Where do i begin? Not been in the game for long, started college in september 09 but passed loads of exams and I am somehow legal. Need to purcahse a good multi-function tester and wondered what everyones opinion was.

I already have some Kewtech components and I am thinking about getting the KT 64 but alot of people i have asked swear by Meggers.

Which is best to get?

Any help would be much appreciated

Dan

Welcome to Electricians Forum | Electrical Advice Forum | An electrical forum for electricians in the UK!

Hello AKC, welcome aboard www.electriciansforums.net. Stick around, I'm sure you'll like the place. :)

Go for a Megger, you won't be dissapointed. Was in the same boat a few years back, but decided to spend the bit extra and got the Megger 1552.

hi mate ,i was adviced to buy a fluke 1651b, from this forum & my local electrical wholesaler, but have only used a megger .
So i have just brought the fluke ,hopefully here tomorrow

Hi,

I have a Megger 1653. I haven't looked back and can highly recommend it.
Best get into the shower as I SMELL Widdler !!

Best regards,
Sav

i bought a metrell eurotest AT mi 3101 2 years ago and never looked back

the reason i went for this one was due to a guy using one when i did my 2391 it knocked spots off my megger and a fluke all in one owned by another guy and the lecturer was also well immpressed

hope this helps

i bought a metrell eurotest AT mi 3101 2 years ago and never looked back

the reason i went for this one was due to a guy using one when i did my 2391 it knocked spots off my megger and a fluke all in one owned by another guy and the lecturer was also well immpressed

hope this helps

welcome...AKC

Why do you say its better sootyfire... just wondering...
Has anyone here used the bunch to make comparisons.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Kewtech or Megger multifunction tester??? in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net