Kitchen re-wire | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Kitchen re-wire in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

L

LeckyBill

Doing my first kitchen re-wire, the customer wants the fridge, dishwasher and washing machine in one switch (grid, with engraved text) as they are rated at 20A do I need a seprate fuse unit, the switch will supply a normal single socket not switched

Thnx

Bill

Doing my first kitchen re-wire, the customer wants the fridge, dishwasher and washing machine in one switch (grid, with engraved text) as they are rated at 20A do I need a seprate fuse unit, the switch will supply a normal single socket not switched

Thnx

Bill
If each 20amp double pole switch is serving only one single socket outlet, there is no need to fuse down.

Thnx Bill

um no, if you have a 35mm2 double gang metal flush knockout box in the wall with a 3 gang yolk and grid plate comprising of 3 20 amp double pole switches fed from the ring and then legs out to single sockets for the 3 appliances you won't need a seperate spur unit.

i would feed the grid switches with a 4mm radial, 32A MCB, separate from the RFC. use a deep (35mm ) back box.

I agree this would be ideal but I can't say I've seen anyone go this trouble yet.
At best a separate ring for the kitchen (with appliances spurred off that) but normally just all off the ground floor ring. Would you object to someone doing that?

Reply to Kitchen re-wire in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net