Kitchen suppliers. | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Kitchen suppliers. in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

SirKit Breaker

Just been back to connect up new oven and hob in a kitchen i have been doing.

I was told it was having a ceramic 4 ring hob and a single oven. Asked my customer to contact supplier to get KW rating so i can install appropriate CU and breaker as existing is full.

Wired it in 10mm T&E anyway because she had some left over from another job (she has 4 houses she rents out).

She was told it needed a 45a supply for the hob, and 32a for the oven. Thought they seemed a bit high, but i can only act on the info given and i have come across some high powered hobs, they didnt know the Kw rating of the appliances.

So back to the job in hand, today i find that the oven is only 2.3Kw, and the hob is only 6.3Kw, so i have had to replace the breakers to suit.

I wonder how many DIY types have acted on that info and just used whatever protection they have been told to use, and left it that way. Scary really...................:eek:

It's good practice to downsize the breaker however as long as the cable size is correct why can't u leave the breaker in

If you install the oven and it has just a 1.5 flex on it this is not protected by the 32 amp breaker
so this is y you need wen calculating a circuit u have to take in to account the device being used and what it is rated at

if not this would be just like wireing a light in 1mm of a ring main

danny

Reply to Kitchen suppliers. in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

• Question
Great idea, thank you mate :)
Replies
Views
  • Question
Obviously not a building/DIY forum so will keep it short but yes - we've taken all the floors up. Several joists in the bathroom need doing as...
Replies
Views
  • Question
There are 3 spare ways available with a bit of re jigging. You wouldn't add a new circuit to any cu that wasn't fire retardant?
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hello, No nothing. No electric car or solar. Nothing out the ordinary. Also to be clear. I have two RCD? Boards. One old house one new, the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
none at all.... and the rcd trips within specification... test button operational.... nothing to suggest there's a problem until you take the...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks