l.5mm t/e connect to 6mm t/e oven ccu | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss l.5mm t/e connect to 6mm t/e oven ccu in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

SO1

i am busy replacing my old oven and hob, at present there is a ccu supplied by 6mm t/e. my new cooker and hob have both come suppliesd with 1.5mm t/e flex. is it ok to connect both cables from oven and hob to the ccu? the circuit is protected by 32a mcb an rcd, thanks

SO1

i am busy replacing my old oven and hob, at present there is a ccu supplied by 6mm t/e. my new cooker and hob have both come suppliesd with 1.5mm t/e flex. is it ok to connect both cables from oven and hob to the ccu? the circuit is protected by 32a mcb an rcd, thanks

SO1

Whats the ccc of the 1.5 mm flex????

an alternative would be to replace the Cooker outlet with 2 single sockets and fit plugs to the flexes.

that is a option but if its safe to connect them back to the ccu it would save me a lot of hassle

it's safe because the flexes can't be overloaded, as the appliances are fixed (max.) loads. the 32A MCB in the CU will protect against short circuit current (scc). the ends of the flexes should be ferruled to ensure good connection into the cooker outlet plate.

telectrix thanks for your help straight to the point will helpful advice

Reply to l.5mm t/e connect to 6mm t/e oven ccu in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Check the clearance between the back panel and/or terminal cover that you've removed. Look for small burn marks.
Replies
Views
In the 80's I was taught that with PME earthing arrangements we used 16mm for the main earthing conductor, some went a bit crazy and were bonding...
Replies
Views
Hi all, looking for some clarification on MCB and cable sizes I need to run for a new kitchen. Cables will run through a combination of...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Have you had new circuits for sockets or have the sockets been extended from existing install, either way RCD will need upgrading to a Type A and...
Replies
Views
  • Question
BS3871 type 3's have a similar shaped operating curve to BS60898 type C's. Any fault that will meet the disconnection time of 5s (for 63A...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks