Large Format Tiles / Score and snap Discussion Thread | on ElectriciansForums
  • Thread starter SergeTiler
  • Start date
  • Replies 0
  • Views 64

Discuss Large Format Tiles / Score and snap Discussion Thread in the Tilers Forums - UK Tiling Forum. area at ElectriciansForums.net

Large Format Tiles / Score and snap

I need advice on score and snap cutting of large porcelain tiles, lets say, over 1000 mm long and at least 10 mm thick. I am thinking of buying a large score and snap cutter but not quite sure. On my last job I had to use angle grinder to cut such tiles, that was time consuming and very dusty.

Ideally, I would use straight cutter but have doubts. I tried cutting such tiles with my montolit that can cut up to 600mm or so and it was not good at all. Can anyone here share their experience on cutting large and thick porcelain tiles with manual cutters? Are they good at all?

Large Format Tiles / Score and snap for the Original Article on Tiling Advice Forum

Reply to Large Format Tiles / Score and snap Discussion Thread in the Tilers Forums - UK Tiling Forum. area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

S
  • Article
Tile scoring wheel, when to replace? How do you know when you need a new scoring wheel on a manual (Rubi) tile cutter? Is there anyway to know...
Replies
Views
Stoobloo
S
S
  • Article
Plasplugs wet tile cutter - it sucked! I recently borrowed a plasplugs wet tile cutter from a friend to cut some floor tiles. In his opinion this...
Replies
Views
STEVEROG
S
D
  • Article
Best Tile Adhesive for Large Format Tiles XXL Tile 1m x 3m Porcelain Glass Tile etc Just thought i'd get a poll on the go :) What is the Best...
Replies
Views
D
T
  • Article
Congratulations to the Latest Master Tile Fixer - Gary Walsh Congratulations to the Latest Master Tile Fixer - From TTA The Tile Association’s...
Replies
Views
The Tile Association
T
  • Article
1.2 x 1.2m large format tiles & Decoupling Mat? Hi, I have 45m2 of 1.2 x 1.2 Mirage 9mm floor tiles to lay. Never done this size before. I’m...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks