LED Floodlight Connectors | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss LED Floodlight Connectors in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Mike Johnson

-
Nearly Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Can't see it now, connected and tucked up into the Eaves of the roof, still accessible if needed, but means getting the ladder out, and I don't like ladders, had a roofer working on the valley gutter at the time and used his scaffolding. just thought I still have one and a spare LED flood, so may be able to cobble something together to post tomorrow.

Best I can do I'm afraid, may try to find my telephoto lens and adaptor and take a pic of it in-situ when the sun gets round to that side of the house, can't see how anything could be neater.

Attachments

• [ElectriciansForums.net] LED Floodlight Connectors
    DSC02296.jpeg
    199.8 KB · Views: 33
Best I can do I'm afraid, may try to find my telephoto lens and adaptor and take a pic of it in-situ when the sun gets round to that side of the house, can't see how anything could be neater.
Thanks Mike - they do look good.

I'm guessing the feed cables come out in the eaves, rather than out through the wall part way up, making this preferable and easier to hide than a Wiska box.

Neither solution IMO is as neat as the in line original I posted.
Sorry Mike, I was imagining the fixed wiring cable coming out through a wall hence the suggestion of a small weatherproof connection box. So in the circumstances you've found a very good method.

Just about to change the last Halogen external floodlights to LED, to facilitate this I bought a couple of IP68 straight waterproof three pole connectors from TLC: IP68 Straight Waterproof Connector 3 Pole - https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/WPQC1.html to my surprise they are Wago type lever connections inside, not screw terminals I was expecting, very neat.
I have one of those, and I was also surprised to find the lever terminals - very neat. However, I did find it difficult getting the thick rubber insulation(rather oversized tail from a set of their festoon lighting) into the hole as far as it's supposed to be - the hole is a bit small considering the size range of cables it's supposed to take.

I did not find that, took a three core 2.5mm flex with ease, the lever connections even took the ferruled cables, I should think that's the size of cable it was designed for.

Reply to LED Floodlight Connectors in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net