Level 2 Costs | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Level 2 Costs in the Talk Electrician area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

Alex Barclay

Hi, this is my first post to this site. I'm looking to study to be an electrician with no experience as yet. I understand the level 2 2330 course is the starting point for qualification, then level 3 -> 17th Edition -> NVQ3 etc...

Im based in North-West London and am currently attending a domestic site to watch and help out with electrical work (stripping and half way through chasing so far!). I consider myself lucky to be allowed this position and am really set on doing my Level 2 to work my way in (I'm 27 years old)...

Local colleges are offering 1 year Level 2 2330 for £1255. Would anyone happen to know whether this was a fair time scale/price. People keep telling me the 'fast-track' courses are a con!

Also, are there any credible courses where I can combine subjects? Sorry if it sounds like I'm trying to 'cut corners', but I'm absolutley itching to learn! I realise that there is a whole load to learn and its not as easy as I'm making out,

Thanks for reading,

Alex

Hi, this is my first post to this site. I'm looking to study to be an electrician with no experience as yet. I understand the level 2 2330 course is the starting point for qualification, then level 3 -> 17th Edition -> NVQ3 etc...

Im based in North-West London and am currently attending a domestic site to watch and help out with electrical work (stripping and half way through chasing so far!). I consider myself lucky to be allowed this position and am really set on doing my Level 2 to work my way in (I'm 27 years old)...

Local colleges are offering 1 year Level 2 2330 for £1255. Would anyone happen to know whether this was a fair time scale/price. People keep telling me the 'fast-track' courses are a con!

Also, are there any credible courses where I can combine subjects? Sorry if it sounds like I'm trying to 'cut corners', but I'm absolutley itching to learn! I realise that there is a whole load to learn and its not as easy as I'm making out,

Thanks for reading,

Alex

Welcome, firstly I did the same course 2330 level 2 then level 3, both i had to pay for as i was too old for any government help. Although i didnt pay as much, my tutors have since said that the government help for these courses has been greatly reduced. There was a guy in my class who managed to get a charity to pay for the whole thing for him, although i have lost touch with him and dont know what the name of the charity was. Might be something to look into. Also for the level 3 you need to be employed or the easier option self employed.

With regards to the time frame, my first year was full time (3days a week) and the second/third year was day release.

Welcome along Alex. Keep on getting has much experience as you can, its the best way of learning in your position and may be get a job out of it? The level 2 and 3 on the intensive course will take 2 years and it us a very good course to be on. You will learn more than if you did a fast track. Recent post on here worked out that fast track =120 hours in the classroom, college =380 hours. Which one is best? You decide taking into account your own personal situation.

Thanks for the over-whelming response, gentlemen! Much appreciated. I'm probably going to go for the North-West London College level 2
(Willesden-£1465). My current job will allow me to afford this, so price not an issue. Just gotta tell the missus now... wish me luck!

IQ Electrical Are you saying that City And Guilds will make studying for the Level 2 2330 redundant with the 2357 replacing it? Will I be applying for course that needs updating? Not sure I fully understand your point. Thanks for bringing this to my attention

Reply to Level 2 Costs in the Talk Electrician area at ElectriciansForums.net