Levelling compound. Multiple layers Discussion Thread | on ElectriciansForums
  • Thread starter Jrterror
  • Start date
  • Replies 0
  • Views 98

Discuss Levelling compound. Multiple layers Discussion Thread in the Tilers Forums - UK Tiling Forum. area at ElectriciansForums.net

Levelling compound. Multiple layers

Hi.
I've just used Mapei Ultimate Leveller 1210 to cover a very irregular concrete floor in our house. It's the first time I've done this particular kind of job and I'm quite please with the results. It's a fairly big area at 21 m2. (We'll, I thought it was big.
[ElectriciansForums.net] Levelling compound.  Multiple layers Discussion Thread
) We intend on laying laminate flooring in this room and understand the importance of having a flat surface beneath the planks.
There are a few minor imperfections in the screed. A few dips here and there. Most only a millimetre, others as much as 3mm. Is it acceptable to smooth out these dips with a second layer of compound. Not over the entire surface, just where the dips are?

I understand that someone may just suggest that I lay the laminate and that 3mm is acceptable, but I would still like to know if multiple layers is acceptable. And if so, what is the best practice for doing so.
Thanks
D

Many thanks

Levelling compound. Multiple layers for the Original Article on Tiling Advice Forum

Reply to Levelling compound. Multiple layers Discussion Thread in the Tilers Forums - UK Tiling Forum. area at ElectriciansForums.net