lighting colours | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss lighting colours in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

i=p/u

-
Arms
Reaction score
kitchen /dinning room , id be tempted to go for warm white fire rated fitting with led bulb in what price roughly are you getting these fittings for and if money wasnt the question would you just go for the full jcc fitting...

JCC fittings come with a 10 year warranty, use push fit loop in and out connections and look great.

I've fitted quite a few recently, but each time I let the client buy them directly from the wholesaler.

Halers Evolveled around £35-£40 depending on dimmable or not 7 year warranty Iv seen the Hotel chain I work in had cheap alternative LED lamps put in and 6 months later they are starting to flicker and pop out specialy when they are on 24/7

had enough for lighting, but thanks guys need to do quote for tomorrow evening, so im doing standard fire rated downlights and pendants everywhere else as havent seen the house and haavent spoke to woman in question....

standard fittings is what she getting quoted for then if she asks about cromes sockets and lighting with led' sshe;l have to give me £100 to explain it all to her...

the builder just wants a quote so thats what hel get.... i dont get some people, or am i too passionate about all this

ps if there is a wood burning stoove in living room would you use smoke or heat detector, id say heat, there is open plan bedroom upstairs which looks over the stove with railing would a smoke detector be need up there ...???? even tho no walls and you would hear it

can the carbon minoxide be battery powered, would they link into heat detectors???

also have you ever seen the shower room lights with vent built in, do they require a perm live aswell as switched live ??? cheers tb

The carbon monoxide detector does not have to be connected to the smoke/heat detector circuit.
The heat detector would be required in your case because it is open plan with the 1st floor.
We had the same situation recently, the local council stipulated these requirements.

can the carbon minoxide be battery powered, would they link into heat detectors???

also have you ever seen the shower room lights with vent built in, do they require a perm live aswell as switched live ??? cheers tb
Take it you mean a bathroom light with a combined extractor fan.
It would need a permanent supply to give timer overrun.

the dinning room and living room is all in one with a stove on one of the walls on the living side... heat or smoke??

the bedroom up stairs is above the dinning room with a balcony looking over the living room side.

do they come as heat and smoke and heat/smokecombined and i could heat in kitchen linking onto heat and smoke in living room then to smoke upstairs. hmmm

Combined unit available.
What you put where is down to you taking into account whether smoke will be picked up from the kitchen when cooking or wood burner if it gives off smoke when you open it.
Decision all comes down to common sense really.

Last edited:

Reply to lighting colours in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net