Lighting control system options | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Lighting control system options in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Morning. I'm looking for some advice. I was a NICEIC QS about 8 years ago, but I left the industry and so I'm not across the new market products.

Around 6 years ago I rewired my house and I prepared the wiring for a Rako system where is wired all switch lines back to a central hub next the consumer unit and then wired out data for the local scene setting panels (switches all of which in deep single boxes). I ran out of money before I could install the Rako system, so we have been going under the stairs to turn on the lounge and kitchen lights ever since 🤦‍♂️!!

My question is, which systems should I now consider that would work with this method of wiring? I am not opposed to Rako, but the game moves on and maybe there are other reliable systems that might even be more affordable.

And whilst i'm on, i'll take any recommendations of RGB strip and profile, again, wired back to a box ready for drivers (not these plug in systems)
Thanks in advance

So, you've got all (or ccts in questions, anyway) the lighting outlets wired as single radials back to a central point - hub / spoke fashion, and the switch plates are fed using a Cat5/6 data cable, again all going back to the same central point??

So, you've got all (or ccts in questions, anyway) the lighting outlets wired as single radials back to a central point - hub / spoke fashion, and the switch plates are fed using a Cat5/6 data cable, again all going back to the same central point??
Yes sir. Exactly that. Probably got about 8 individual switch lines. I could bunch to slim it to 6 if needed

Reply to Lighting control system options in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net