lighting design | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss lighting design in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net

johnboy6083

-
Esteemed
Reaction score
hi fellas, ive been trying to learn how to design lighting, as its an area i have almost no knowledge in, other than installing the fittings ect.
Im trying to decipher ho to get UF factors, and MF factors, in order to calculate how many fittings are required to illuminate the fictional fire station tender bay in the 2391-2 project.

whilst on my journey, i found this http://www.zumtobel.co.uk/download/ilr_cp_TheLightingHandbook.pdf

whilst ihave not hadtime to look through it properly, it seems like a very good aide.

this also looks useful

http://www.cooper-ls.com/sites/coop...s/cooper-ls-560-561-lighting-design-guide.pdf

If anybody else has any material to help me/others, id would be very grateful.

John

PS Sticky?

i cant use software asits for the 2391-2 project. as ive mentioned, its an area i know almost nothing about. Alos, im unlikely to ever need to design lighting without software, so i dont want to spend lots on a book i will never use again.
The information manufacturers present is so different, thatim finding it hard to get utsilisation factors, and maintainance factors, in order to work out how many fittings i require.
Ive even gone so fars as to specify the paint for the walls, ceiling and floor, so that i know the reflectance values!

i cant use software as its for the 2391-2 project.

Strange is that. I know some of the lads who did the 2009 & 2010 courses and the college even supplied them with a copy of the Dialux software to use.

We didn't have any software when I did it in 2005. I'll have to have a look to see what I did.

Zumbotel is a pretty good guide mate.

Have you though about using software at all???

Also, depending on how deep your pockets are.....

CIBSE > Technical Resources > Lighting

i've always found CIBSE publications of particular value in both information and detail.

This institute is probably one of the most professional organisations around, something like the IEE once was. If i were of younger years, this would now be my First choice for full membership, and not the IEE. ...Especially if your main scope of work, lies within the Building Services field!!!

Reply to lighting design in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks