Lightning surge protection. | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Lightning surge protection. in the Talk Electrician area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

drew35

Hi all.

I've been asked to go back to a job and install lightning surge protection, its not something I've been involved with before. They're asking for a type 1 SPD that can handle 12.5ka? My usual suppliers don't do them, anybody know the best place to source them from. I think I will need four, three phase and neutral, its for a church. I only have sketchy details so far passed on by the church, it must be the insurance company that have requested it.

Cheers for any help.

Reply to Lightning surge protection. in the Talk Electrician area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

• Question
It is not a brand that I know, but on the appearance it would look like a good enough choice for most situations where you do not expect a direct...
Replies
Views
out of interest UK, how do you know what kit is connected?
Replies
Views
  • Question
For anyone interested, I tested the supply side RCBO today and got a 1x I time of <130ms, so I don't believe it is a Type S. I did however have...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thank you for the advice; I did figure it would be in the realms of discovering, say, a 10mm earth cable in a property, and having no more...
Replies
Views
If an MCB tripped out on surge, then we wouldnt need the SPD in the first place.... All your fancy gadgets would be safe if the individual MCBs...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks