Lights are flashing on and off | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Lights are flashing on and off in the Talk Electrician area at ElectriciansForums.net

jjcale

-
Reaction score
Hi all!

Just a question and hopefully not a huge problem. Ive just exchanged old downlights (R80's lamps) for new halogen GU10 downlights. The old wiring is still intact and pretty much everything else including the DB which is push button 5A breakers. I installed these last week and now i have had 2 bulbs flashing on and off at random. Now all i can think of is that its the 5A breaker which is not handling or a loose connection which i have checked already and it seems fine..i have not tested the circuit of yet but in the process of doing..can anyone analyse whats going on here? Its an old system as everything is double insulated and no RCD just bonding

Test the whole circuit - IR, Zs, R1+R2

If your not a sparky or dont have the kit (which you know how to use) time to get a sparky in

Test the whole circuit - IR, Zs, R1+R2

If your not a sparky or dont have the kit (which you know how to use) time to get a sparky in

Thanks...yeah i dont have a multifunction tester but will get hold of one as i obviously need to write out a minor works certificate..off the bat can you think of what it might be in your exoerience?

my guess is loose connection.
Check the lamp holder. Do they flash straight away or after a little time?

After a little time...the bathroom light was flashing at one point so i checked for loose connections and it has been fine since but now the kitchen is acting up....ill check that one. More then likely a loose connection..thanks

Check the connections in the downlights. Had problems in the past with the factory fitted connections in the terminal blocks being loose.

Reply to Lights are flashing on and off in the Talk Electrician area at ElectriciansForums.net