Lights have been flickering now off and can't get back on | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Lights have been flickering now off and can't get back on in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

cable_guy

-
DIY
Reaction score
hi all,

I wonder if anyone could advise please.

My downstairs lights have been flickering for a few weeks, been meaning to get it looked at, but they went off all of a sudden earlier, nothing unusual was going on and when I tried to flick the switch back up on the fuse box, the switch won't stay up as if the RCD has kicked in and is staying in.

anything I can check safely myself before I call a sparky?

No Not really, it may well be a loose neutral, could be in the DB or at any Lights, could be a dodgy MCB, could be a melted wire, you need to get someone in my friend.

all you can do is isolate the lighting ( all lighting circuits ) and visually inspect each light fitting for a loose or broken connection. what's your rough location?. one of us may be close to you.

bloody, ell, was down stoke saturday. can get on this saturday , maybe before if i get a call in the area. my son lives in longton. 35 miles for me.

Reply to Lights have been flickering now off and can't get back on in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

• Question
Maybe, maybe not. Many electricians do not have a power quality analyser, if you do call one, make sure they have it before paying for a service...
Replies
Views
The lights are on a circuit with other lights, which is a different circuit from this receptacle. Both of these circuits and others are on the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I'd start by doing the usual supply impedance tests followed by N-E voltage with the installation under some load. Also visually inspect and...
Replies
Views
  • Question
And exciting when that Hager AFDD finally tripped 😂
Replies
Views
nicebutdim
N
  • Question
Some extra information on the situation: He is using Lutron Maestro MACL-153M and MA-PRO dimmers which are what the disc light manufacturer...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks