line enclosures | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss line enclosures in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

L

Lukethoma1985

Evening members

Hope you all had a brilliant christmas.
Could any of you tell me the dimensions of the line lighting enclosure for spotlights. Need them to fit through a 32mm cutout for a 1w led EL.

Thankyou

Luke

Awww bugga. I looked everywhere on the site and couldnt fine them. Is there any other enclosures around. Ive got the leds basically theres a live/neutral off the driver to connect to the EL radial

What about an architrave back box with a blank (never seen an architrave blank cover - do they exist?)

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=a...nnel=fflb&gws_rd=cr&ei=AzG_UtqCBKuM7Aa8ioHoBA

We may have a winning idea here from rockingit (blanks for architrave boxes in link above)
Other not so brilliant possibility (And decidely rough) if no blanking plate had been available would have been to heatshrink the architrave box, covering wiring in and out....(desperate times call for desperate measures and all....) [actually thats a bit....too rough tbh...]

Cheers guys, i forgot to mention keeping the earth connected in the EL radial. Bugger. Why couldnt they just do a loop in/loop out terminal on the driver. Took it apart and the live/neutrals soldered onto the circuit board. How about the wago connectors but they look abit rough on there own. Do there need to be in an enclosure as theres no accesible live parts?

here?
http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/small-narrow-box-black-124x33x30mm-ft31j?utm_content=Plastic%20Enclosures&utm_medium=gcs_search&gclid=CLfC99yF1bsCFabLtAod_CkAZA&_$ja=cgid:10149455923%7Ctsid:49900%7Ccid:161144083%7Clid:53721862483%7Cnw:%7Bnetwork%7D%7Ccrid:32939470003%7Crnd:%7Brandom%7D%7Cdvc:%7Bdevice%7D%7Cadp:%7Badposition%7D&c=maplin&utm_source=gcs&utm_campaign=FT31J&

here?
http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/small-narrow-box-black-124x33x30mm-ft31j?utm_content=Plastic%20Enclosures&utm_medium=gcs_search&gclid=CLfC99yF1bsCFabLtAod_CkAZA&_$ja=cgid:10149455923%7Ctsid:49900%7Ccid:161144083%7Clid:53721862483%7Cnw:%7Bnetwork%7D%7Ccrid:32939470003%7Crnd:%7Brandom%7D%7Cdvc:%7Bdevice%7D%7Cadp:%7Badposition%7D&c=maplin&utm_source=gcs&utm_campaign=FT31J&

Now that is what I call a link.

this is what i call a link:

[ElectriciansForums.net] line enclosures

Reply to line enclosures in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net