Looking for a smart water meter plumbing advice | on ElectriciansForums
  • Thread starter naylorpd
  • Start date
  • Replies 0
  • Views 125

Discuss Looking for a smart water meter plumbing advice in the Plumbers Forums area at ElectriciansForums.net

Looking for a smart water meter I live in Azerbaijan and am looking to revamp the water system in my house. The first thing is that I don't have a water meter - probably a good thing as my mother in law pours tonnes of water on the garden in summer, mostly watering weeds as she can't tell the difference from grass.

But the practical issue is that it means that I have little real feel for how much water we actually use. The house has three full bathrooms and has had up to 7 people living there, but now only 3. We store about 5-6 tonnes but I don't know what the throughput is. The house is on a different water line to the garden.

So the first part of the revamp is to put in a (non-statutory) water meter - and as this system is in an outhouse, I'm interested in a smart meter that will give data to my phone. I'd be grateful for any ideas where I could get such a thing.

Other plans are to replace the plastic tanks with a tank made from reinforced concrete walls and open top (with a simple cover), because the plastic tanks are just impossible to clean, and to replace the wholly inadequate filter on the inlet with a proper sand filter that cleans itself periodically based on measured throughput. But for this I need to check the water pressure, I'm not really sure how to do that. The easiest way seems to be to permanently plumb in a pressure gauge on a T-joint near the inlet. That doesn't need to be smart, though if it were it would give me a warning of water being cut off - which does happen from time to time, hence the need for the tanks as a buffer.

Thanks for any advice.

Looking for a smart water meter to read more on the original thread at Plumbing Advice

See also UK Plumbing Advice for all UK plumbing advice needs.

Reply to Looking for a smart water meter plumbing advice in the Plumbers Forums area at ElectriciansForums.net