Love it!!! | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Love it!!! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Jay Sparks

-
Mentor
Arms
Reaction score
I was a house yesterday, NOT doing electrical work. I was helping my cousin install a new central heating system.
As I normally do, I cant help looking at the electrics (nerdy I know). Below are a couple pics of just a few things I found.
Enjoy!!

[ElectriciansForums.net] Love it!!! This was actually still being used in a kids bedroom.

[ElectriciansForums.net] Love it!!!

Jay

Ah, the beauty of a job well done, there's nothing like it. Apart from the socket outlet.

Did a socket like that at mine...but I used clear see through tape (Sellotape) so it looks sort of like one of those watches you can see all the mechanisms working.

Ah, the beauty of a job well done, there's nothing like it. Apart from the socket outlet.

Did a socket like that at mine...but I used clear see through tape (Sellotape) so it looks sort of like one of those watches you can see all the mechanisms working.

And the little arcs and sparks add to the enjoyment.:cool4:

That outside one is just downright dangerous!. I bet HSE would have had a field day if they had caught that contractor. No way he could have managed to 'waterproof' that connector using a ladder and maintain 3-points of contact .....

This isn't my cousins house. He was just installing the central heating for the customer. I only noticed the electrical stuff coz im a geek and I can't help having a look.
The customer is on holiday at the min but I think he may say something wen they get back.
Might be a nice job for me.

Jay

I was a house yesterday, NOT doing electrical work. I was helping my cousin install a new central heating system.
As I normally do, I cant help looking at the electrics (nerdy I know). Below are a couple pics of just a few things I found.
Enjoy!!

View attachment 21005 This was actually still being used in a kids bedroom.

View attachment 21006

Jay

That socket is just crying out for one of those socket protector thingies that Fatally Flawed & Tony the Tiger is always on about. :smilielol5:

They ought to be thoroughly ashamed of themselves

Any fool could see from a mile off how bad it is

The mixture of dark grey,light grey,green and black piping is an absolute disgrace
The builder needs to get his act together or buy a pot of paint

The electrics wouldn't stand up to much scrutiny either if I am honest,but that is a minor issue

What the F are they...

1) Has he filled the JB with a sealant? Even so, it's still an abortion and i notice the black cable(flex? hi tuff?) is going away from the building, my guess is that it's feeding an outside shed? So, if that's correct...he's got the feed coming up the conduit then tee'd off to a security light then a shed? What a complete mess, whoever has done that needs a royal fingering.

The TV man also wants something hard shoved up his rear for leaving the coax like that, sloppy workmanship.

2) LOL a kids bedroom, nice work and nice parenting. I like the fact the kid doesn't have any carpet down either, poor sod. Anyone with a IQ greater than a deceased slug should realise that is a accident waiting to happen. If i was you Jay i'd be writing a letter to the homeowner, anything happens and anyone gets wind of you as an electrician being in that property - regardless whether you weren't working could land you in deep dogdirt.

Reply to Love it!!! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net